Sortable tree is a drag and drop interface that Contester team developed to enable editing simple and complex branching and interactive experiences. (see the example below)
Each card in sortable tree can represents either a parent card or a last card. The editing tools on each card consist of 3 buttons on the right side; Add a child card, Delete and duplicate (see the image below)
You can Select a card by clicking on the white area in the middle and on the left side of each card you find the image that you can Upload by clicking on it and the far left is the handle to keep and Drag the card and change the order in the sortable tree.
Each parent card can have a heading. A last card can not have a heading as the last card is a Call-to-action card so clicking on it wil lead to the CTA rather than displaying the heading.
In order to change the video heading for a parent card select the card and find the heading on the left side editor (See the image below)
The heading can be left as No heading for visual discovery purposes. (see the image below)
Text heading shows the text for end-users as a title or question that can be used for simple conversational experiences.
To learn more about the visual navigator visit the website here>
As described in the previous section, a card can be either a parent card with heading or a last card with Call-to-action.
Last card types:
The main card type is a Direct link where you add an external URL that leads the end-user to a landing page. In order to add a URL to the last card find the Direct link URL on the left side editor (See the image below)
The next last card type is Input Form (will be updated later)
You can associate one or multiple tags to each card that will help you to evaluate the analytics. In order to add a tag to the cards, find the tag field on the left side editor (See the image below)
Media formats and guidelines
Needs to be added
Widget settings allows you to manage the visibility and behavior of video experiences on your website. You can find the widget settings button on Create content menu (See the image below)
There are 3 ways to manage the visibility of video experiences on your domain pages
- Public visitors The video experience is visible to public visitors. Thus, whoever goes to the page the Contester widget is displayed. This can be managed by including and excluding pages specific pages to display the video experience. See the relevant fields on the image below.
- Unique visitors The video experience is visible based on UTM. that you can manage unique visitors' journey. Using UTM enabled links you make sure the video experiences is shown only for unique visitors from specific source and campaign. You can enable UTM checkbox similar to this image.
- Unique link When the influencer infrastructure is activated, a unique link can be generated for those who have access to it. It is designed for influencers and affiliate sellers outside the organization that they can't go wrong on the website and wouldn't need additional suppervision.
Display on the last card URLs
As mentioned in the card types section, Direct links cards contain URLs that lead end-users to a landing page. With this checkbox you define if you wish to display the widget when user gets redirected to the Direct link URLs. When inactive, it means the user get’s redirected and there will be no Contester widget visible.
Widget behavior settings helps you to define how Contester widget is displayed on the page and what are the default status.
- Widget behavior checkboxes include:
- Show maximized When the checkbox is enabled, the video experience is shown Full screen when end-users visit the page. And as a result, not enabling it means the widget wil be displayed on the corner of screen until user interact with it.
- Expanded featured list This setting works only If there are featured list collections available, and the Show maximized is enabled. It keeps the featured list opened when end-users visit the page in Desktop screens.
- Remember when user closes the widget When end-user closes the Contester widget and refresh the page, the widget will be shown again. This checkbox remembers the user action and keeps the widget invisible if they refresh the page or if they come back to the link on the same browser window.
- Reset experience on new window When user comes back to the page the widget continues from the same stage they closed the browser. This checkbox will clean the user session and restart the experience when the user run the page on a new browser window.
Add a new brand - collection
Having a brand is needed fo start creating video experiences. So that the video experience storage, data and analytics are associated with that specific brand. You can find the brands lists under Content management > Brands menu (see the image below)
In order to create a new brand you need to add the brand description that includes a logo, poster, name, title, description and website url. (See the image below)
With multiple brands you can separate domains, language localization, and video experience collections to be shown on the right Featured list.
A business account is limited to have one brand and the additional limit can be added via Contester support team. You can contact [email protected]
All your video experiences are listed on the Content management. You can find that from Content management > Experience list menu (see the image below)
- When one video experience is selected, you can see the information and options on the right sidebar. The options are
- Edit: to edit the video experience,
- Duplicate: to keep the original video experience and duplicate a new one,
- Move to archive: to archive the video experience. You can always activate that again.
The archived experiences can be find on the Archive tab and on the sidebar you can choose Move ti active to activate it again.
When you start creating a new video experience and don’t publish it, the Autosave saves the experience on the Draft tab every one minute, this way you never lose the work you have done.
On the top bar you see the search bar and the brand dropdown where you can filter the video experiences to ease the accessibility.
Featured list is a grid of video experiences shown on the Explore more button for end-users, with that, they can swap between as many video experiences listed on the Featured list.
Not all video experiences are shown on the Featured list, unless you enable it on the Experience listsidebar. Each video experience can have a featured list image to be displayed on the featured list grid. (see the image below)